The three elements
50 logo

The Clubmans Register Forum

The Clubmans Register Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
DRAFT 2017 BARC Dates

Following a recent meeting with the BARC, here are the DRAFT dates for the 2017 races
6 & 7 May, Snetterton 300
24 & 25 June, Silverstone GP
8 July Oulton, 1 x prac & 2 x races (circuit TBC)
22 & 23 July, Pembrey
2 & 3 September, Thruxton
7 & 8 October, Silverstone Int

All will be 1 practice and 3 races over 2 days, with the exception of the Oulton park round which is a 1 day meeting.

Re: DRAFT 2017 BARC Dates

Diary filled in,holiday booked

Looks really good Mike - James looking forward to Thruxton especially! And no clashes with his Cortina committments so far either, so we are in for a busy year.

Not looking like we will be doing many meetings in 2017

That would be a shame John. Why? Surely not this calendar......?

Pete (aka Sven)
That would be a shame John. Why? Surely not this calendar......?

Mainly down to travelling times and the time we can get away on a Friday Pete,usually about 6pm so with Snett,Thruxton & Pembrey 5 - 6 hrs away without stopping and traffic dependant and then getting home on the sunday but we will see how things pan out

Cheer up John, Oulton Park ! Woohoo only 660 mile round trip and all the rest funnily enough are working out between 900 to a 1,000 miles round trip for.
Haven't raced on any of them except Silverstone so new challenges ahead. Great 😊

David Barnett
Cheer up John, Oulton Park ! Woohoo only 660 mile round trip and all the rest funnily enough are working out between 900 to a 1,000 miles round trip for.
Haven't raced on any of them except Silverstone so new challenges ahead. Great 😊

Yep I know David,youve got a marathon journey for any of them,if I can get a weekend pass its not to bad coz I can get away early,would love to do Snett & Pembrey,we will see

Now more worried about preparing the van for this lot than the Mallock !

Fantastic NONE of these dates clash with our F3 Monoposto commitments! which I was worried about as last year all but one clashed ( not that I had a car then !)

Looking good guys!! Esp. Silverstone GP in june!
We hoped we could combine a raceweekend with a holiday in Schotland and with this calender i'm sure we'll be able to get that sorted.

See you in 2017!

As I know too well, calendar is a thankless task and often difficult. Interesting venue mix, nice to see Tx back and good to forgo Dizzy (BH Indy) for once but shame about Croft (the best Clubmans venue) and Donington'.

But half the entire season spread over 4 weeks? ....

I hope John L can make the events and also that the Barnetts can get a Visa for 3 weekends in 5 outside the Wall ...