The Clubmans Register Forum

The Clubmans Register Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Formula E

Mallock Sports
I am very fortunate to have started my racing career when all that matters was racing. Did not have seatbelts. One day a fellow competitor turned up in racing overalls (just the top) and thought he was a bit of a poser.
2 weeks ago I logged in to watch the GP. I found out I had logged into the Formula E championship I listened to the bizarre regulations. The main one being in the second half of the race depending on your popularity with the crowd, they would text in and give you a power boost. Nuvolari would not have approved.
It really does make me embarrassed to be part of this industry at times. Having said that a couple of weeks ago I had the pleasure of driving a £60.000 rebuilt 265hp Mallock which Charlie has now delivered to France. Needless to say it created a great deal of interest from fellow competitors. I loved it even though I could not match Barry or Peter's times.

Agree regarding the nonsense part, but it is really a development playground for manufacturers now isn't it which is why the latest joiners are being asked to pay €25,000 for the privilege...

Hell of a rebuild at £60,000 though Dick!! Well done for that one!

For 'development' read 'greenwash'........:-)

Maybe we should have fan given power loss that would slow Woody down!