The three elements
50 logo

The Clubmans Register Forum

The Clubmans Register Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
silverstone

why is our entry fee £505 for silverstone when other classes are over £100 cheaper? its not even on the full gp circuit as earlier in the season

Re: silverstone

That price must include late entry fee, it should be £475 I think.

That's correct Morris - I paid £475
(It is possible that other championships entry fees are reduced by sponsors.)

How much track time do we get for this over the weekend?

I know the weekend after ours on the same circuit with garages, OSS have 1 qualifying and 3 races totalling 80mins for £425. This is a non-subsidised price.

So having looked at the draft timetable our sessions and total track time for Silverstone are listed as
Qualifying - 15mins
3 x Races - 15mins + 1 Lap (So rounding up 17mins)
Gives a grand total of 66 mins for £475! Vs £425 and 80mins for OSS. Obviously there is the little sweetner of start money for those that are eligble...

Next question for me is how does this compared to the other championships that the BARC is running that weekend?

I think we have a great opportunity to provide an attractive proposition to attract Classic Competitors into the register. This is based on competitive entry fees, great circuits with multiple races over a weekend rather than the bum deal of a single race meets over two days that they are getting at the moment.

Your entries do seem very high I must say....bit of a shock.

With the roadsports series I currently race with in 750mc I am currenly paying on average £325 for a 20 minute Qaulifying and a 45 minute race. Cadwell park last race meeting was even below the £300 mark!!

£475 is alot, and entry fees are high on the agenda with the BARC, but aslong as you have done 1 other round in 2016 its technically £375 due to the sponsorship payment the register are going to make to competitors.

Sean Hurley
Your entries do seem very high I must say....bit of a shock.

With the roadsports series I currently race with in 750mc I am currenly paying on average £325 for a 20 minute Qaulifying and a 45 minute race. Cadwell park last race meeting was even below the £300 mark!!

Sean, you are not really comparing like with like. Clubs have to "pay" for the down time between races as this is time that is not generating income from races; hence 3 X 15 min races will always be more expensive than a 45 min race given all other things being equal (same club, circuit, weekend).

It would be a better comparison if we could find another series that has a similar weekend arrangement and compare their entry fees for a Silverstone meeting.

Nearest comparisons I can find are Silverstone National - 2 X 13 min races (+ 1 Lap) = £330 or Silverstone International - 2 X 15 min (+ 1 lap) races = £335, inc qualifying obviously.

Probably the best comparison I can find,

BRSCC Mazda MX 5 Mk3 SuperCup - Silverstone International - 20 min qualifying and 3 X 20 min races over the weekend of 15/16 Oct, entry fee = £405.

Ah thanks Andy . To be honest I had never thought about it like that but makes sense to a certain degree. I'm assuming this info comes from your experience with CSCC?

Sean hurley
Ah thanks Andy . To be honest I had never thought about it like that but makes sense to a certain degree. I'm assuming this info comes from your experience with CSCC?

Yes, Sean. The economics/ risks of putting on a race meeting are interesting!

We are aware of the issue and I have spoken with the BARC about this recently. Grateful if you can forward to me (tmikeevans@btinternet.com) any other useful information regarding entry fees in preparation for discussions regarding the 2017 calendar etc.