50 logo

The Clubmans Register Forum

The Clubmans Register Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Looking to join in the fun in Proto.

Hi all ,

Looking to put together a car for Proto once I get my hands on a chassis.

reading through the rules I am a little confused as to the gearbox rules having read them several times.

If someone can clarify and also point me in the right direction as to what gearbox most use?

Am I right in thinking that ALL classes can only have 4 forward and 1 reverse or is proto different?

EITHER
5.9.3 A 4 forward and 1 reverse speed gearbox conforming in all respects to Regulation 5.9.1 in which case 5.9.2 applies.
OR FOR 4 CYLINDER PRODUCTION BASED CAR ENGINES
5.9.4 A 6 forward and 1 reverse speed gearbox and which may be operated by conventional gear-lever or by steering column or steering wheel mounted ‘paddles’.
5.9.5 A 5 speed gearbox must be separate from the differential and not contained within a transaxle casing.

Many thanks

Sean

Re: Looking to join in the fun in Proto.

Hi Sean

I am a Proto class representative so if you have any questions feel free to email me stevedickens@hotmail.co.uk. what kind of chassis you looking for? I know where there are a few! As for the gearbox we opened the regulations up a few years ago so proto can have up to 6 forward gears and one reverse in H pattern or sequential.

Hi Steve,

Thanks for the reply. I shall email you.

Not sure at the moment as to chassis have seen a couple and assessing all current options.

Sean

If you know of any bare chassis available or part projects please let me know. ( apart from the obvious ones on this website )

Welcome Sean, I am the Chairman of the Clubmans Register (until our AGM on March 12th at least) and look forward to meeting you. I'm quite sure you will all the info' you need via your posting, but please feel free to contact me (email link at foot of message) if you have any unanswered queries. Best wishes. Chris.

Great thanks.

I have emailed Steve back with some info and he has been very helpful so far.

Does the club have any representation at Race retro this weekend I could come and have a chat/ join the club?

Mk 28 project on ebay

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mallock-28-Race-Car-Hill-Climb-Track-Day-Project-/182026122886?hash=item2a619a3686:g:2nMAAOSw3KFWepTH