The three elements
50 logo

The Clubmans Register Forum

The Clubmans Register Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Follow up actions from the Drivers Meeting

At yesterday's meeting I committed to talk to Paul Dyas regarding our wish to defer the mandatory introduction of Hankook tyres into Proto for one year (i.e.2017)

I explained that this would give a number of Proto runners the opportunity to run Hankooks (both Ian Crombie and Steve Dickens stated at the meeting that they will do this) and he understands the situation and will work with us on that plan.

I also agreed with him that there will be no price increase for 2016 for either the now mandatory 'Cup' tyre (170/515R13 / 210/570R13) or the F3 size alternative for Proto (180/550R13 / 240/570R13) of £499 + vat and £599 + vat respectively.

I have also made Ian Watson at BARC aware of the strong majority in favour of the '3 race weekend' format and I await his comments.

Re: Follow up actions from the Drivers Meeting

Feedback from Ian Watson at BARC is that the '3 race weekend' format will be fine.
Good news all round then!

Pete (aka Sven)
Feedback from Ian Watson at BARC is that the '3 race weekend' format will be fine.
Good news all round then!

Except for those that cant do a full weekend. What are the qualifying arrangements if someone can only race on a sunday for family, work, other reasons?

You should have received a copy of WYD's proposal last week. It was discussed and approved at the meeting with overwhelming support. As you will see there was no provision for the conditions you mention. I think a negotiation with BARC would be required to enable qualification out of session. The BARC Clubmans Championship has been built around six weekends for a number of years now - it being the favoured format of the vast majority of our members.

Pete (aka Sven)
At yesterday's meeting I committed to talk to Paul Dyas regarding our wish to defer the mandatory introduction of Hankook tyres into Proto for one year (i.e.2017)...

Thanks for your ongoing efforts in this and other aspects of the Register's business.