Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Do you drill your nuts?

Brian
Chris,

Chris Burnham
Brian the reason you have to drill the nuts is section Q 19.7.2 blah blah blah.... And in thread contact Over a min. Length of 1.5 bolt /stud diameter length....blah blah blah. So you drill your nuts so they can check you have inserted the thread Far enough into the nut. I think I got picked up once on this but I decided to leave my nuts as they are.

Thanks for this, I knew there was a reference to the stud size somewhere though unlike you I had failed to find it. Clearly this is what had so exercised the mind of my original scrutineer but his insistence on my drilling the nuts was wrong it would seem; as Onno says you can always undo the nuts to check the thread length.

Brian

... alternatively do as the Regulation says and fit centre-lock type .... like some have ..

Don't forget to drill them then Jamie!!!

Borat will be running a "drill your nuts" clinic in our garage at 7pm on Friday night.

We have ordered an extra large vice for Alec C as he appears to have the largest nuts.

We haven't yet decided what to offer Michelle

Onno
Don't forget to drill them then Jamie!!!

they are pre-drilled Onno but we have to cross-drill the shaft so we can get pins through the end...

We call that safety reasons and weight saving. And it takes some stress away in case of a tyre change in the heat of the moment. I loved the centre nuts on the FF2000 for that reasons.