The Clubmans Register Forum

The Clubmans Register Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Donington 50th Race Report here

Motorsport News (10th June) race report: HERE

Re: Donington 50th Race Report here

It is great that we achieved we such prominent coverage, the same article appearing in each of MN and AS. However we still appear to need to ram home the fact that there are 4 classes competing.

I agree with Jamie it is not just the guys at the front that make the race and I feel a full page spread merits more than3 names being mentioned class winners should have surely been given a mention

We're not that important to the world Martin and Jamie! I think it's great to have this exposure. They even spotted me swapping cars with Dan! You didn't know that did you?

Journalists are basically quite lazy; if you want a decent report published then you are going to have to write it yourself and get it to the magazines by 1200 on a Monday, with the message you want to sell quite clearly laid out.

I wouldn't knock the journos - they are all enthusiasts like us.(e.g. our own Lewis Beales)

It's simply Haymarket's policy to treat club racing with as little attention as they can get away with. F1 sells magazines, Clubmans doesn't is the simple truth........

Not like the 'good old days' when I used to write reports for Autosport.......:-)

Re: Donington 50th Race Report and journos

I agree the journos are (mostly) sound as a £ and we all know they can pen 1000 words and then the editor pulls out his scissors.

If someone had the courage as well ash the funds to create a club motorsport only magazine I would not be surprised if it flattened Asport sales.

Oink Airways

Re: Donington 50th Race Report and journos

jamie

If someone had the courage as well ash the funds to create a club motorsport only magazine I would not be surprised if it flattened Asport sales.

Oink Airways

I think it's a nice aspiration but I doubt it would sell tbh. Track and Race Cars Magazine came and went, Track Driver mag has struggled, despite being free for a long while etc.

F1 sells whether we like it or not, and not a lot else seems to. Even Motorsport forums that major on club and/or historic motorsport are seeing a significant down turn in activity these days. Facebook seems to be taking over a s the (social) media of choice.