The three elements
50 logo

The Clubmans Register Forum

The Clubmans Register Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
DONINGTON ENTRIES 6/7 JUNE

As Harty says entries are building well. To ensure we have a great display for our 50th celebrations we want to prepare a detailed paddock plan to accommodate competing cars and historic cars on display. We have a limited number of pit garages and paddock area so on this occasion it would be really helpful if you could get your entries in early so we know just how big an entry we are working with. Obviously the more the better! I will have to complete the paddock plan at the latest the weekend before, so to ensure you have a place in the paddock please enter early :-) Thanks, Pete

Re: DONINGTON ENTRIES 6/7 JUNE

Entry pre booked ,looking forward to it

My entry is submitted not that i have had any confirmation of it!

WARNING! We're on the National circuit with a maximum grid of 32. Only 7 more entries will be accepted.

Entries to date (20th May).

Mark Charteris
Robert Manson
Alan Cook
Brian Hunter
Robert Yarwood
Howard Payne
teven Dickens
Peter Richings
Ian Crombie
Brian Jordan
Ian Mitchell
Martin Goddard
Peter Burnham
Graeme Smith
Alex Champkin
Steve Everson
Christopher Burnham
Morris Hart
Lucas Bscher
Barry Webb
John Lambert
Chris Lake
Paul Gibson
Daniel Gibson
David Barnett

I don't see my name on this list Chris but am damn sure i entered at BARC together with Croft.

I'm not on the list also - despite entering in March, & sending copies of paperwork since then to barc.........

I think the issue is partly that BARC are coping with the situation where their Comp Sec (Nicola) recently left and her replacement has not yet started.

The Register is in touch with BARC to help them sort out the entries.

Be aware though that if you have not yet entered the max grid of 32 cars is rapidly approaching - entries will be accepted in order of receipt. After the first 32 only reserves will be accepted.

Let's not make excuses for BARC they charge enough for entries to pay decent wages to get staff high time they upped their game and moved with the times and started to act in line with the rest of the commercial world the person I spoke to this week requesting my acknowledgement of entry was very rude watch this space I will be kicking ass after paying £465.00 entry fee rudeness is not acceptable

Thursday evening 8.15pm. Richard: I've emailed Nicola's replacement, Hazel, about your entry and will double check in the morning (Friday) that you're entered. Including you we now have 31 entries.

Richard and Onno this is to confirm you are on the list for Donington.

Thanks

I also entered about two weeks ago when it became clear that my car engine was likely to be ready in time. However, I cannot see my name in the list of entries. Can you please confirm if I am in or not? I'd be hugely disappointed after all the effort to get my car ready not to be in the race. Steve.

We will check and report back to your personal email Steve.

Is it too late for me?

BARC has confirmed that they have 36 entries for the 32 slots so sadly I have withdrawn my entry and will have to go and play elsewhere. See you all later in the season. Good luck all.

Just a suggestion but can you not change it to a rolling start? From memory a circuits license can start more cars with a rolling start then a standing start?

Would anybody care to share an entry for the weekend? You race Saturday & I'll race Sunday.

I appear to have missed out on the race entry lucky-dip

As there are enough entries how about two races? (meaning two lots of two!)

We looked at every conceivable option to allow the 39 drivers who'd applied to race but, apart from the "NO" from the MSA to increase our grid, there's not time in the programme for splitting our races (see programme link on Home page and Facebook). They've even cut the lunch-break which gives us less time for our cavalcades.

According to BARC, a rolling start is the same grid size as a standing start.

OK how about amalgamating FF2000 and Classics :0)

Or as I suggested, split the 8 drivers who fall outside your strange entry acceptance regulations into 2 groups and guarantee 4 a race on Saturday and 4 a race on Sunday.

Whilst that seems a fair idea it wouldn't be fair on those competing in the championship.
We must accept it is first come first served. I didn't enter early as I wanted to be sure my rear suspension was fixed having spent the usual small fortune travelling to Croft and only getting three laps of practice.
I am not tempted to travel all the way to Brands having missed out on Donington.

Guys,
This is fantastic news that we have an oversubscribed grid.... but it is unfortunate to those that have missed out.

Assuming Beagle was ready I think I would also have been one of those missing out as I have come into the sport when sending your online entry in less than a week before the event has become the norm. I am told that in the "good old days" your entry form would arrive in the post and you would return it immediately for fear of not getting an entry due to the oversubscribed grids!

Here is to the "good old days". Well done on a great entry. See you all at the weekend....

Jonathan

It is strange how BARC said there were 36 entries before mine arrived and I can only see 31 on the qualification list. Does that mean five people plus me didn't make the trip?

We were allowed 32 starters plus reserves. Like you no one allocated a reserve spot thought it worth the trip.

A shame really because;

a) unbeknown to all until Sat morning we were on the GP circuit which can start 34 cars.
b) after qualifying we were down to 29 cars

Those of us old enough to recall when reserves were commonplace were confident that everyone would get a race but I know not everyone believed that......