The three elements
50 logo

The Clubmans Register Forum

The Clubmans Register Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Croft Warning

Just a warning that at the Easter Croft Sprint a driver had his wallet stolen out of his motorhome,might have been a one off incident but best to be aware and keep things locked and out of sight

Re: Croft Warning

John it's a sad fact that more and more items are being stolen whilst out on the track?

Some would call it opportunistic?

Yes Andy,sad fact of life these days,i can remember leaving keys in cars and house doors open without a worry but certainly not these days

Thanks for the reminder John - this seems to happen at every meeting, Sue Facer had her handbag stolen right out of their camper a few years back.

This has happened numerous times at Croft, twice to Clubmans people. There is obviously a regular team of tea leafs working the patch. it seems that the roaming security company presence doesn't make a difference..
Keep a watchful eye and make sure everything is locked up all of the time, even if you're around your motorhome / trailer / car etc.

So I think not only locking up but also maybe instituting a Neighbourhood Watch?

I think we all pretty much know each other so if we see what looks like a stranger in someone's area "nuke him", no I mean ask politely, using that well known euphemism "can I help you?"

The noise from your generator will probably drive them away........:-)

Id better make sure im known to Andy then or he might nuke me as the newcomer lol

John, just bring a bottle of beer (non-alcoholic) with you

Peter, we have gone with technology this year, big genny yes this is noisy but only used during the day for kettles etc, small genny is to power Borat's luxury caravan at night. I won't be able to hear it (them) as I am sleeping with "hot lips" in a nearby hotel

Andy,not a phrase im familiar with,non alcoholic beer and as Liam is driving on sunday I can enjoy being back amongst the best racers theres ever been

And a Monoposto racer had his wallet and credit cards stolen at Cadwell this last weekend, too.