The three elements
50 logo

The Clubmans Register Forum

The Clubmans Register Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Ardmore SR84 Creighton Brown

Going through some old photos from 1984 I've come across one of the Ardmore and wondered if it is still in existence.

Also possibly from same year a red road going version of a Mallock U2.The registration still shows it exists...I wonder where?

Re: Ardmore SR84 Creighton Brown

If it's a Mallock24 used at the wedding (Richard and Sue) that car is in Holland. It has a motorcycle engine and has been used for hillclimbs in the U.K.
The Dutch owner doesn't use the car so it's gattering dust in his garage at the moment.
I bought the mk27 project of him, the car i'm racing now.

No this one I have a photo of is according to MyCarCheck app 1600cc. I can't see where to upload photo here but I put a photo on The Clubmans Register Facebook page...under videos on left "posts to page"

Yes could be the same car, it has been B-sport in it's early days. Don't think the register has been changed, could be a 1600 motorcycle engine. I have contacted the owner, let you know if he answers with news.

someone by name of Peter R replied by email but the email was blank please try again.

I was the anonymous e mailer - it got sent in error from work when someone rudely interrupted me to do some work!!

The Ardmore does still exist and is owned by Paul Freeman who acquired it in the 90s and developed it over a few years as a Sports1600/Cup car until it was a regular front runner and race winner.
Unfortunately the car was involved in 2 significant crashes (both where Paul was an innocent casualty) which resulted in the car being severely bent and Paul's back rendered too dodgy for any racing in the future.
I'm pleased to report that Paul is now slowly rebuilding the car - hopefully it can run at our 50th anniversary meeting even if not in competition.
If you'd be interested in contacting Paul please let me know.
Cheers!

Thanks for getting back to me Pete (Sven)...any relation to Samantha?

I shared the photos I took way back in 1984 (possibly its first outing) in Mclaren Old Boys group as Creighton was a director of Mclaren Automotive.

One former employee remembers making the Ardmore chassis and it was penned by Alan Jenkins he thinks.

Where and when is the anniversary meet?

I've e mailed you (with content this time).....:-)