The three elements
50 logo

The Clubmans Register Forum

The Clubmans Register Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
After Thruxton

In the past I have organised an evening get-together after Thruxton meetings at my local which is 15 to 20 miles away; the most notable event was probably the year we were joined by a number of Scandinavian Clubmans drivers and their helpers.

With this year's meeting being a one day Saturday affair I am provisionally setting up another such event. For now I am looking for an indication of who might like to come along so that I can make pub and parking arrangements. If enough of us show an interest I can get a menu for you to look at and order from in advance and exclusive use of the conservatory. Paking for campers, trailers etc is courtesy of a nearby business about half a mile away where you are welcome to stay overnight if the five real ales etc get the better of you.

If you are interested drop me an email and I will reply with more detail as to the location etc.

Best wishes

Brian

Re: After Thruxton

I have had some interest for this event already and it has the makings of a good post season evening out.

The venue is my local pub, The Watership Down Inn where I have provisionally booked the conservatory so we can be as noisy as we need to be. The pub has produced a set, fixed price menu which you can read here.
Cars (but please no trailers) can be parked in the car park at the pub but I have organised camper/trailer parking at a nearby nursery where you can sleep it off overnight if needed, I am hopeful we will be able to use the staff showers and toilets there but I still need to confirm this with the boss.
For now I am just looking for an indication of numbers, I'll be taking and co-ordinating food requirements the weekend before the meeting.
Any questions or comments please email me.
BJ

The Harts will definitely be there. Looking forward..............

This is filling up nicely at the moment, those of you who have emailed me are definitely on the list and we have space for another 10 or so participants at the moment as the conservatory space is limiting (it's not a big pub). If you have expressed an interest and you haven't had a reply let me know and if you are planning to come but haven't contacted me the clock is ticking...

Brian
This is filling up nicely at the moment...

Several of you have booked a place but haven't yet emailed me with your menu choices. Please can you do this asap as I need to get the orders in. If you come without pre-ordering you can of course select from the main menu but the kitchen is going to prioritise our special orders and you will eat after the main group.

Brian

Booking for tables is now closed. Your food has been ordered and your FIs will be out shortly. If you are planning to use the overnight parking please bring a torch as the route to the pub is unlit.

Brian