The three elements
50 logo

The Clubmans Register Forum

The Clubmans Register Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Oulton Gold Cup

Good luck to the Gold Cup Classic drivers this coming weekend, especially second in BARC championship Michelle Hayward in her Mk27. Sorry I can't be there to relive my first ever introduction to motorsport 58 years ago!

Re: Oulton Gold Cup

Don't forget Barry 'Retire' Webb - leading his class in the BARC Championship!!!

Pete (aka Sven)
Don't forget Barry 'Retire' Webb - leading his class in the BARC Championship!!!

I heard he never made it beyond the car park .... ?????

Great video on the Clubmans Facebook page of Spencer McCarthy's drive into second and fastest lap at the Oulton Gold Cup event.

Spencer (grizzy adams)McCarthy drove a great race and kept yours truly on his toes,in rotten weather,great camaraderie as usual, multi class formula in poor conditions made it difficult for everyone, it never surprises me that you find slower cars at the most in opportune moments, (thanks mike, your a good old boy!!!)its a lottery, it ebbs and flows in poor conditions, it was pretty frenetic over Hill Top at the time we passed the B Sport battle !!!, no one could blame anyone for not seeing us coming through in those conditions !!
Commiserations to Rob Manson who had a huge first lap crash and was thankfully ok