The three elements
50 logo

The Clubmans Register Forum

The Clubmans Register Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Whoops!

When standing up to talk at the end of each meeting it's always a worry that I will forget to thank someone for their efforts in helping us to have a "nice time". Yesterday at Brands was an example of that worry when I forgot to mention someone who has played an enormous part in our Club for years, and who never asks for thanks for his hours of work on our behalf, but simply works away in the bowels of his house ensuring we can communicate with each other, and the world out there.

I therefore offer apologies for my memory lapse, and our Club's gratitude for his dedication in designing and building our prime communication system - Brian (or Brain as I call him) Jordan. Thank you Brian (sounds of cheering and clapping).
Brian at work

Re: Whoops!

Yes, loosing the memory comes to us all at sometime....who are you again...?

Well Chris you didn't forget the others and that's why we like you so much! You say thanks to all those people we forget to do...
Did we thank you??

Harty
...I therefore offer apologies for my memory lapse, and our Club's gratitude for his dedication in designing and building our prime communication system - Brian (or Brain as I call him) Jordan. Thank you Brian (sounds of cheering and clapping).
Brian at work

Thanks Chris, I'm sure you all know that I do it for fun and that the hours spent down here in the bowels of Jordan Manor are worth it. It's not quite like the picture you posted - more string vest and underpants than lumberjack in truth.

Onno is quite right to ask if we thanked you because your efforts this year should be applauded.

This correspondence should probably now close before it gets too brown nosed and we all start sending each other bunches of flowers.

.. well bunches of flowers would be a variety from the car getting The Larch!