The three elements
50 logo

The Clubmans Register Forum

The Clubmans Register Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
2013 Mallock/Haggis Memorial race

Because our original race at Combe in memory of these two great men was canned earlier this year, you may wish to enter the Walter Hayes Silverstone event on 2nd/3rd November as a temporary replacement until we organise the official Register event again in 2014. Here's the link entry for the "Closed Wheel" Allcomers event where, if enough Clubmans entries are accepted, we will present the trophies. Click "WHT Race Entries" box and ensure you enter the Closed Wheel event: Walter Hayes Closed Wheel entry

Re: 2013 Mallock/Haggis Memorial race

Do you have a feel for Clubman entries so far, Chris? I plan to enter and will get the trophies engraved ahead of time - just in case we have enough Clubman entrants for an impromptu Haggis and I have to say 'goodbye' to them!

Don't know yet Steve, lots of interest though - James Beckett will be keeping me informed. He's said we can use the podium for our presentations.

Did you win two Haggis trophies last year! Well done!

I'll be at the Walter Hayes and will try to drag Steve and Mikey along. Now that I have got the Honda engine going after 2 years effort, it's rather nice to drive. In the winter we are going to put headlights on and make it street legel so I can drive it to the circuits.

I too plan to enter now the gearbox is rebuilt (although still on the floor of the garage)

Would anyone have a phone number or email address for James Beckett?

The last email address I had for James was beckettje@aol.com. I hope this still works.

He responds immediately via his Facebook messaging page, see: Facebook

So what happened ??? Memorial races or not ? Looking at the DD pictures it appears there may be a couple of people holding memorial trophies and the Penske Cup ? but no further info anywhere

Steve Chaplin won outright, Mikey Day won the Cup class, no finishers in other classes. We ran this very last minute following a decision earlier in the year to cancel the original planned date at Combe (at that time we didn't know whether Classic would be racing with the Register). Enough people expressed interest after the last championship date for the Register to quickly arrange with James Beckett to run a low-key Clubmans section withing his Closed Wheel Allcomers. As expected, there weren't the entries to justify a stand-alone race, but enough to be able to present the trophies in memory of Arthur and Haggis. You could have followed the race and live commentary by David and Ian on-line by the way - as I did being confined to bed with man-flu.

Well done to those that managed to get there anyway