The three elements
50 logo

The Clubmans Register Forum

The Clubmans Register Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Presentation to Derek Walker

I would like to make it clear to everyone from Classic at the HSCC event at Oulton Park this weekend that the presentation made to Derek Walker was NOT from the Classic Register as I believe that a majority of you were under the impression that this was the case.

This was instigated by my husband Bob Yarwood and the HSCC, the presentation was to celebrate the fact that Oulton Park is now 60 years of age and Derek has had the most wins at this track than anyone else in history.

Thanks must also go to Sheila Sales for once again putting on a wonderful feast which was enjoyed by all of the drivers, crew and friends as well as the many visitors interested in the cars and we may hopefully have picked up
a few more drivers for the next season which will enhance our standing with HSCC in the coming years.

Jessie Yarwood6LFJ

Re: Presentation to Derek Walker

I'm sorry if people misunderstood because my notes to the commentator, Ian Titchmarsh, expressly said it was organised by Bob and being presented by Grahame White. Indeed, the magazines will also confirm that fact following my press release to them last night about the presentation - which I've received confirmation this morning the story will be used - let us all hope the journalists report the facts. It was a wonderful to see the two immaculate Ladybirds on track and a typical thoughtful gesture from Bob celebrating Derek's amazing record of being the man with most wins at Oulton. Derek started racing in 1961 and is still winning - I'll be at Goodwood to watch him thrash the youngsters again, in his FJunior this time. Harty.