50 logo

The Clubmans Register Forum

The Clubmans Register Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Oulton Park Gold Cup - Sunday Dinner

Hello all,

For those of you who would like to join the pre-race dinner at Oulton Park, we will be at The Red Lion, Little Budworth on Sunday, 25th August at 7.00pm. Please see below a copy of the menu for the evening. Would you please email us with your choices by this Thursday if at all possible. We are limited to 25 places on a first come, first served basis, so please let us know ASAP to ensure a slot.

Many thanks.
Trish and Brian

THE RED LION, LITTLE BUDWORTH:

STARTERS Home made vegetable soup served with warm crusty bread
Pate served with red onion chutney and toast.
Prawn cocktail served with buttered brown bread All £4.95p

Main course Home Made plate Steak and Ale Pie
Chicken stuffed with brie and wrapped in bacon
Breaded Scampi
Trio of sausage in a port onion gravy

all the above served with chips or a creamy mash, garden peas
or salad
or
quorn Moroccan tagine served with rice, naan bread, chutney and
popppadum

All priced at £9.50p

Desserts Apple Crumble
Home made Lemon Cheese cake
Chocolate brandy fridge cake
all served with custard, cream of ice cream all priced £4.50p

Cheese board with a variety of cheeses, bisc. grapes and celery
price £6.95.

Coffee tea and mints.

Re: Oulton Park Gold Cup - Sunday Dinner

Nice pub - good grub.
Wish we were joining you.......

I'll let you know how good it was Pete. The Oulton Gold Cup meeting started my love of motor-sport with my first ever visit to a race in 1970. As I stood watching at Old Hall with my Mum, who bought our tickets, I watched Rindt win the second heat - then he stopped in front of us to run over to his helicopter to travel home in time to compete in a hillclimb. I was in awe and decided there and then I wanted to be a famous racing driver with a helicopter. Where did it all go wrong?!

You kept your both feet on the ground Chris, nothing went wrong. You raced more then most people can tell and with some of the most amazing cars in the world and with loads of good friends around you sharing drinks,cakes, dinner etc. Don't think Rindt would have left track if he could have a dinner with his Clubmans friends..