50 logo

The Clubmans Register Forum

The Clubmans Register Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
I need a bit for my helmet...

Hi all,

I use a Sparco Formula helmet and I have broken one of the visor latching slides (RH). According to Tweeks, Merlin and other retailers these are no longer available, neither are new visors for that matter. If I continue racing in 2014 I shall buy a new helmet but for now I wonder if anyone has one of these kicking around and would be able to part with it?

Thanks

Brian

Re: I need a bit for my helmet...

I told you stop polishing it so much.

Sorry to hear you came back from holiday poorly - we missed you at Snetterton.

Brian

Sorry you weren't able to make it to Snetterton - we did miss you.
Thanks for updating all the points, records, etc.

On the helmet front - I might be able to help - I think the helmet I scraped down the tarmac at Oulton three years ago was that pattern - and it is up in the loft somewhere. I'll dig it out tomorrow night and let you know.

Pete

Pete (aka Sven)
Brian

Sorry you weren't able to make it to Snetterton - we did miss you.
Thanks for updating all the points, records, etc.

On the helmet front - I might be able to help - I think the helmet I scraped down the tarmac at Oulton three years ago was that pattern - and it is up in the loft somewhere. I'll dig it out tomorrow night and let you know.

Pete

Brian, if Sven can't help you I understand Albert may have something you could adapt.

I have some Shoei bits. Are they the same?

I have the bit Brian needs.....it will be dropping through his letter box any day.

Pete (aka Sven)
I have the bit Brian needs.....it will be dropping through his letter box any day.

Thanks thanks to all of you who have offered to help, in particular to Pete who came up with the part. As far as I am concerned this thread is closed. What a great community this is!

Brian

My problem is a bit more delicate; I am missing the bit which goes inside the helmet. Has anyone got a spare one in their toolbox?

Not in your size, Marcus.

Oh err thanks. If you had a smaller one that would do fine because I could pad it out with bubble wrap. I am looking ideally for one with sunstroke factor 12 protection, Mad Dogs and Englishmen resistant, humility/modesty level 5 and able to hit 145mph without the flies going up the nostrils. If yours is bigger then I'll have to pass I'm afraid, but thanks so much.

Marcus Bicknell
Oh err thanks. If you had a smaller one that would do fine because I could pad it out with bubble wrap. I am looking ideally for one with sunstroke factor 12 protection, Mad Dogs and Englishmen resistant, humility/modesty level 5 and able to hit 145mph without the flies going up the nostrils. If yours is bigger then I'll have to pass I'm afraid, but thanks so much.

Sorry Marcus, I have only just spotted this. Unfortunately the only smaller one I have is in constant use (I suppose the distaff department would dispute the "constant use" phrase). It is a shame because in respect of the sunstroke, Mad Dogs etc. and humility requirements it fits the bill although it is the later model which comes without nostrils which may or may not be important to you. In case it helps I will bring some spare bubble wrap to Brands Hatch.