The three elements
50 logo

The Clubmans Register Forum

The Clubmans Register Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Croft - an apology.

I've been made aware that I made an inappropriate comment during Sunday's presentations and reference has been made to it. Obviously, no disrespect was intended, but I nevertheless apologise to those of you whom it may have offended.

Re: Croft - an apology.

What did you say Chris?

Andy O'Langridge
What did you say Chris?

He can't remember.

Andy O'Langridge
What did you say Chris?

I used a friendly jibe that David Addison (Motors TV commentator) had said to Jamie after Donington, and that Jamie was so amused about he shared with his friends. To those who didn't know the background to my plagiarising Addison's comment it must have appeared to be in extremely bad taste. I certainly don't want to make it worse by repeating it!

Just normal 'Clubmans banter' surely..........
Along with 'Retire!', 'Speech', etc........

Give over Harty! No problem with Addison's banter here when he asked, following Alex close races with Wyd, if I had yet discovered who my milkman was! As I later learned that was no more than a follow on from the gratuitous abuse he gave me on the Live commentary anyway! As many of us have, I have known Addison for far too long to take offence at good well-aimed humour like that, the more the better!

David Addison might be the star of ITV BTCC but to me he will always be 'The Fat Boy from Manchester'...........

I don't knnow David Addison but i do know Chris Hart and anyone believing Chris would have wrong intentions isn't well informed or doesn't understand Clubmans!
And yes i didn't hear the joke but thinking Harty could do any of us wrong is like Clubmans racing with touring cars...

I'm not aware of a lot of things in the U.K. but from the first time i entered Clubmans Cris welcomed me with so much flair that i couldn't resist joining the lot, it took me 8 years thou...

So Chris; no mather what you said, it sure doesn't affect our friendship.

gr,

Onno