Gabapentin for anxiety is the topic of many discussions nowadays. This widely prescribed nervous stimulant is just one of the many widely prescribed medications to combat major depression and anxiety disorder. There are many ways to treating these illnesses. At present, there have been numerous studies made on Gabapentin for Anxiety. And, scientists have created a number of medications whose action basically is geared towards fighting these conditions. Therefore, if you want to find out how Gabapentin for Anxiety can be an effective medication for you, then read through this timeline for gabapentin working.
- First of all, Gabapentin is primarily used for treating anxiety disorders. As a result, many people turn to this for treatment. Its most common use is for patients who have generalized panic disorder. However, it has also been found effective in the treatment of other anxiety disorders such as obsessive compulsive disorders and post-traumatic stress disorder.
- It is important that you consult with your doctor or a qualified medical professional before starting a Gabapentin for Anxiety treatment. This is because your medical condition should be assessed thoroughly. GABAPentin and its prescription should be determined by a doctor who can fully evaluate your case. Your doctor will determine the appropriate dosage that is necessary for your case. Your dosage will be decided based on how severe your symptoms are, as well as the severity of your medical condition.
- Generally, Gabapentin for Anxiety is taken in tablet form. This type usually comes in dosages of 30mg each. The exact dosage depends on your body size as well as the level of anxiousness that you experience. This medication should not be taken with any other medications or preparations, nor should you exceed the maximum recommended dosage. Gabapentin can produce some serious side effects if taken at the wrong dosage.
- Gabapentin for Anxiety has also been proven as an effective treatment for generalized anxiety disorder. Because it acts on the central nervous system, gabapentin is able to relax the muscles in the body which relieve the nerve pain that is associated with the generalized anxiety disorder. These same relaxing effects on the muscles also help to prevent seizures. Because Gabapentin for Anxiety has anticonvulsant properties, it is effective in combating the seizure activity that is caused by the high levels of nerve pain associated with this disorder.
- Neurontin gabapentin is another medication that can be used to treat the symptoms of generalized anxiety and seizure disorders. Like Gabapentin for Anxiety, Neurontin is a natural anticonvulsant that works by preventing the release of a chemical called GABA (gamma-amino butyric acid). Like Gabapentin, Neurontin works by relaxing the muscles in the body. However, Neurontin does not act on the nerves directly like Gabapentin. Neurontin is able to prevent the release of chemicals called acetylcholine in the brain that is involved in producing seizures. Neurontin is available in both oral and injection forms and has been found to be more effective than Gabapentin for Anxiety in treating patients who suffer from the symptoms of generalized anxiety disorder.