Return to Website

The Tait Community Web Site

Welcome to our message board forum. Please leave a message if you would like to see any changes made to the web site, or have any comments in general. Please also leave a message in search of any ancestor you might be looking for. REMEMBER, its your forum, without you we are going nowhere.

The Tait Community Web Site
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Information about Native American connection to the Tait name.

I was in Edinburgh Scotland, and went to the Royal Museum, and there was this totem pole there and this information. I thought that I would post it considering it may be of valuable to those looking for their native ancestry in Canada BC.
Red Cedar carved in about 1855 by Oyea, and his assistnat Gwanes, Nisga-a group of te Tisimshian people, Angyada Village, British Columbia Canada.
In 1991 Norman Tait, a descendant of Oyea visited the museum to see the totem. He is a well known local artist who carves poles in Japan, London, the USA and Canada.
That's all they had.
I know that a David Tait was on here a while ago looking for similar information.
Thought this might help.
Cheers!
Janice!

Re: Information about Native American connection to the Tait name.

The native american meaning for the name Tait is "long winded talker" and the scottish meaning is "cheerfull" or "happy"