Return to Website

The Tait Community Web Site

Welcome to our message board forum. Please leave a message if you would like to see any changes made to the web site, or have any comments in general. Please also leave a message in search of any ancestor you might be looking for. REMEMBER, its your forum, without you we are going nowhere.

The Tait Community Web Site
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Do I qualiy for membership? Any Scottish Tait's out there?

My name is Gabriel Tait from Canada.

My Dad's name was John (Jack) Tait and he was from Glasgow, Scotland, born September 29th, 1935. Unfortunately, he passed away in 1990
and with him any information to his relatives back in Scotland. I've always been curious if I have any relatives
out there. My Grandfather's name was Richard (Dick) Tait also lived in Scotland and I believe died there in the 70's (?)

He Married my grandmother Agnes McTaggert in the early 1903's, I think and then they divorced sometime later.

Anyway, if any of you Tait's think we might be related - give me a shout at my email address and let me know.

Gabriel

Re: Do I qualiy for membership? Any Scottish Tait's out there?

hi-been looking at internet and came across your message-not 100% sure if your grandfather is related to us but i'm from the tait's of clydebank (10 miles from glasgow) i know that my grangfather findlay mc farlane tait had a brother john they were both born and brought up in the bridgeton area of glasgow i think i still have my grandfathers birth cert. he would have been born around 1870.s married an annie stuart and moved to clydebank now they like most people then had a large family 11 or 12 and family tradition was to use the same forenames if you think there could a link e-mail me and i could ask my mother -she knows everything about the tait clan !

hi there

im a tait from clydebank. my grandparents andy and martha both dead now they came from livingston st in clydebank.during the 40s they had my father also andrew. i have 4 brothers so there are a few taits still in clydebank