Return to Website

The Tait Community Web Site

Welcome to our message board forum. Please leave a message if you would like to see any changes made to the web site, or have any comments in general. Please also leave a message in search of any ancestor you might be looking for. REMEMBER, its your forum, without you we are going nowhere.

The Tait Community Web Site
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Taits in Ontario/Ottawa Valley

I also had a grandfather named Ralph Tait from rockwood ontario he was married to a martha I dont know if that helps at all.

Re: Taits in Ontario/Ottawa Valley

Hi Laura.....I'm kinda new at this searching stuff and I honestly don't have much to go on except this.
My Grandfather Cecil Tait claims his father is Robert Tait who was originally from the Ottawa Valley. Grandpa's story is that his Dad ( Robert ) had a falling out with his Dad ( name not known ) and left home to go to the Hurdville Ontario area when he was 14 years old. He never looked back until sometime in the 20's when an Uncle of my Great Grandpa's died and both grandpa and great-grandpa travelled some place out west to collect Great Grandpa's inheritance...

Anyway... i'm not very informed but that is what I know.... Any stories from you history that sound like a run-away kid who never looked back?

Thanks Janee