Return to Website

Forum

Help, Suggestions, Discussions, and Information.

Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Fox .40

Hi... I need some guidance, please. After a hiatus of 25 years, I am back building and flying control line. Present fleet consists of a 'green box' Nobler (Brodak .40), a Bob Palmer "T" Bird (Fox .40 stunt, no cowl, upright engine), a profile Lavochkin LAGG (Fox .40 stunt), and just finished a Yak-9 (Fox .35 stunt). I am getting back into scale again as well - years ago I built a beautiful Boeing F4B bipe with third-line throttle control and tail hook.
I have a kit for a scale PT-21. I also have a Fox .40 'sport' (non-stunt) engine that I owuld like to use on that model. Can this engine be modified to use with a third line for throttle control?
Thanks for any guidance. Dan

What is your main interest. Control line old-time stunt and scale

Re: Fox .40

You say the engine is a Non-sport ? so does it have a throttle fitted ? - if so then it can be used with third line control.

Mike.

What is your main interest. f4bscale magic website

Re: Re: Fox .40

No, MIke - it is a non-stunt Fox .40 and does not have a throttle control carb on it. I was wondering if it could be retrofitted with one. I have also written to Fox to see if they coujld tell me. Thanks for your reply, Dan

Re: Re: Re: Fox .40

FOX's website
http://www.foxmanufacturing.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=184
The carb for 40 is expensive.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Fox .40

Thanks! Yes, I know - I bought one aboujt three weeks ago! Hove not installed it yet. Dan