Return to Website

Forum

Help, Suggestions, Discussions, and Information.

Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
in need of some advice please

hi everyone

im very new to this, in that i havent even purchased a gun yet.
i did a search for previous posts & still remain a bit confused.
my main quarry would be mainly rabbit, pidgeon but squirrel and other pests aswell.
i have around £150 give or take for a gun and scope
and am undecided whether to go .177 or .22
i have been looking at crossman king ratcatcher & rabbit stopper also some of the smk range.

thank you in advance
dan

What is your main interest. muaythai

Re: in need of some advice please

Do NOT buy an SMK. Just don't. As for the rabbitstopper and ratcatcher; they are both good guns, and personally I would go for the rabbitstopper especially as your quarry is relatively large. Although remember that they are both Co2 powered, so get a good stock of Co2 power sources

Re: Re: in need of some advice please

Thanks Bob for the advice.

I went into my gun store today with co2 in mind,
but after a good discussion i have left with a
HW95K

I did look at some SMK's but the quality difference was apparent, even to a newbe like me.

I did go some what over budget but I have sort of justified it with the lack of co2.

Re: Re: Re: in need of some advice please

Hello, you got one of the bests you could buy.

That rifle is really good, much better than co2.

What is your main interest. Wildlife, nature, hunting, fishing.

Re: Re: Re: Re: in need of some advice please

Thanks, I just need to get a good area to shoot sorted out.

The one reservation i had over break barrel was the ability to reload while trying to remain concealed from rabbits. As i havn't been hunting yet I still don't know how i am going to fair.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: in need of some advice please

That be a properly sorted rifle! Good choice. As for springer hunting, you have got to be well concealed, and after each shot, slighty draw back and reload slowly with no sudden movements or clunks.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: in need of some advice please

Thanks for the advice bob

sunday morning i went on my first hunt.

I was out by 6.30, walked my area and spotted a rabbit and got it in my scopes at about 40 yards, decided it was too far, then his mate popped up at around 12 yards and took a pellet in the side of its head.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y208/mrcurious/1strabbitshot.jpg

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: in need of some advice please

well played!

Re: in need of some advice please

hi dan dex here a .177 has about the same power as .22 but a .22 is a better shot at longet dis but u can get an air rifel for 50 to 70 pounds whit scop on most web sites i have a b2.177 and find it powerfull and good in distance hope u in joy

What is your main interest. what can a b2.177 air rifel kill