Return to Website

Forum

Help, Suggestions, Discussions, and Information.

Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Rifle cleaning, lubin etc

Hey all, my rifle needs cleaning as it is spraying pellets at the minute, I mean 7-10shots are 3" at only twenty feet!!! I know its not me because I was putting 10 shots in a two peice from this distance only a week before. This will be the fourth time this week it has been cleaned ( ive been tryin various household oils etc that just dont cut it at all) I am off to local gunshop to get some REAL LUBES in a sec, just wondered if anyone would want to share there servicing / cleaning procedures on here, especially tips on getting the black gunk out of the carpet! My rifle has leather seals (barrel and piston) so any info on looking after these is greatly appreciated!

Heres a quick list of oils THAT DO NOT WORK incase someone else on here is new to airguns...

Motor oil (10-40w etc)
diesels and gets splattered round the stock

wd-40
Diesels heavily and stinks when firing, lubrication gone in 50 shots or so

General Purpose 3 in 1 etc
HA! Doesnt even stay when you put it, 2 or 3 shots and there no oil left!

Re: Rifle cleaning, lubin etc

Oh dear. That was a mistake. Household oils are a great way to screw up your gun. Get the shop to clean out your gun, and buy some Napier gun lube. Note to everyone: DO NOT USE ANY OIL WHICH IS NOT DESIGNED FOR GUNS. Phew.

Re: Rifle cleaning, lubin etc

Yea, they sure messed up its accuracy and im a bad shot to start with!! Local gun shop said a very light coat of white lithium grease should work fine, As for the spring and barrel hinge he said dampen a rag with normal oil and wipe them over leaving a very very fine coat on them. All seems to be fine, cocking quite smooth now, shoots a lot better too!

Re: Re: Rifle cleaning, lubin etc

good good