Return to Website

Forum

Help, Suggestions, Discussions, and Information.

Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: i need someone to explain how to zero a scope, please

Right.
There are two methods.

1. If you are a good consistent shot, then set up a target (with a small bullseye), and stand at the distance away from the target that you will be shooting normally (around 20meters is fine). Take 10 shots at the bullseye, and see what the grouping of your shots is. From here, unscrew the caps on the top and side of the scope, and adjust the dials. Read on your scope or the scope intructions how many clicks (literally one click as you move the dial)it takes to adjust the scope; usually around '1 click for 1/4 of an inch at 100 meters'. Play around with it, but only adjust about 3 clicks at a time. Every time you do, take 10 shots to see how it has changed.

2. Exactly as above, but put your gun in a solid clamp, and fire from there. It shoud be more accurate.

If this doesn't make sense (which it probably doesn't), ask a shooting friend to show you.
Good luck!

Re: Re: i need someone to explain how to zero a scope, please

- I allmost forgot- put your scope on MAXIMUM magnification, as this will be more accurate.

Re: Re: Re: i need someone to explain how to zero a scope, please

cheers, ill try it tommorow.

What is your main interest. outdoor pursuits

Re: Re: Re: Re: i need someone to explain how to zero a scope, please

I found this website. Its really helpful with a step by step guide and loads of handy tips (like shimming)
www.youngmans.com/acatalog/Setting_up_your_Scope.html

What is your main interest. Scouting