Return to Website

Forum

Help, Suggestions, Discussions, and Information.

Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
air rifle hunt

i am 16years old and been shooting for many years now for phesants with the old 12bore, but now me and my mate have taken up air rifle hunting rely good, and goin out this weekend lamping and day shoot up his farm any advise on how to stalk the wood and were best to find woodies and tree rats lol ?? all the best

What is your main interest. hunting, fishing my bsa lightning xl

Re: air rifle hunt

just to say that the hunt went well, lamping not to good due to the rain. with my new bsa lightning xl managed to break duck with one woodie and a rabbit, woodie was at 25yards and rabbit 10yards, managed to stalk it in open feild starting with a crwal and as got closer got into prone pos and got closer to it and worked for the effert, i aslo got some diffo pellets for hunting some logun penetrator .177 very effective both shots to head and was very humane kill, any one else use the loguns with any joy ?? all the best

What is your main interest. hunting, fishing my bsa lightning xl

Re: Re: air rifle hunt

logan penetrators are top quality- they go through brick walls woodie at 25 is a good effort- was it head or chest?

Re: Re: Re: air rifle hunt

it was a head shot, nice and clean. went out on tuseday this week and shot a tree rat from 35 yards out head shot as well those loguns do the job.