Return to Website

Georgia Appraisers' Forum

Opinions and Comments from Georgia Appraisers

Georgia Appraisers' Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
P.C. way to write this

Many of you are much better writers than myself. How would be the best way to word this? The subject is located with 35% treed land and the rest is homes. The homes are not in the best of condition. Landscaping is basically dirt, homes average condition. The subject is is average+ condition with updates. Due to very few sales, I had to go out side the area. The area I had to use if more residential, homes fairly well kept, lawns, etc. More of a neighborhood. So how would I write the adjustment was made because the subject is in a cruddy neighborhood and the comps are not? I've already done a paired sale so I know the $$ I will be adjusting. Thank you Carol

Re: P.C. way to write this

The subject neighborhood features a more rural and rustic setting with a wide variety of house styles and types. The lack of landscaping, dirt driveways, and minimal bushes or flowering plants are typical. Comparable 3 is in an established neighborhood with landscaping, paved driveway, and where houses are more homogeneous.

FYI, in the old daze we used to get away with saying "the subject neighborhood exhibits a lack of home ownership pride"... but many lender no longer allow THAT description.

Dang M. Leggett...you're good!! Thank you so much that is a perfect way to write it.

Lack of dirt driveways?

Compare the value of land in each location, there should be a difference, and make adjustment accordingly, based on land value or location.

"Lack of dirt driveways?"

Oops, well... that's what you get on the weekend after a full day of beering, I mean fishing.

M Legget,
Your original statement is clear and gramatically correct.

Mel,

How many beer cans, (oops) I mean fish did you catch?

Thank you Dan. I knew how much to adjust by the paired sales, just couldn't figure out a proper way to write the statment. Thanks to all.

4 Rainbows, thems are good eatin'!

Carol, if that doesn't pass by the UW, you can try more down to Earth terms....
Earnhardt bumper stickers well out number the "My Kid is an A student", not one single color on any auto has a majority, and a Naugahyde couch is considered typical outdoor furniture.