Georgia Appraisers' Forum

Opinions and Comments from Georgia Appraisers

Georgia Appraisers' Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
CR

Huumm, something strange happened with my other post. Here it is again :

I'm sorry for raising this post from the dead, but I need a little clarification: Is it possible to be classified after June 05 and qualify for CR?

I need a total of 110 tested hours (since I already have 90 & a BA) but can not find the courses that total that amount.

I can take:
Income Approach
Sales App
Cost App
Highest/Best Use
Res Case Studies (online)
Statistic (online)

This equals 90 Hours, but where can I find the other 20 hours? Do they exisit?

Re: CR

It is 120 hours

Actually, I fall into the new category. I need 200 hours to be CR. I was classified after June 2005.

Schools are in business to make money.   Compliance with AQB is one way to do it.   For whatever reason, the AQB dictates 20 hours of electives to get to 200 hours for new CR candidates.   I couldn't give away a 20 hour (3-day) class to any appraiser except for new CR candidates of which there are very few.

I will offer 2, 15-hour courses so I can attract experienced appraisers as well as new CR candidates.   Development of an online course is so expensive that I doubt that any online school will offer a 20-hour course in the new future.

So you are right.   You are required to have 200 hours for CR but there is no way to get there and I doubt if there will be any way to hit 200 on the nose unless demand develops in a few years.   The expense for a school is just two great for such, what is now, a very small market.

I have considered offering a 3-day, 21-hour course as a 4-way course giving credit for 7 hours of CE for each day, or 21 hours of CR credit for all three days.   This plan requires four separate course approvals by the GREAB and one by the AQB.

Development of the 4-tiered course is a low priority for me right now.

Your plan should be to get to 180 hours and see if anybody is offering the 20-hour course.   If not, take 2, 15 hour courses and straddle your birth month.   At least you will get two years of CE for your effort.

John

That doesn't seem fair

Don't whine about fairness. It is not fair to expect someone to spend a bunch of money to make a course designed basically for you, knowing they will loose money doing it.

Work with what is available. John's suggestion is very practical.

Calm down David...geesh. I didn't expect anyone to design a class specifically for me.

Excuse me for wanting to progress to the next level. I guess it's my parents fault for encouraging higher standards.

No it's your parents fault for encouraging instant gratification without sacrifice.

Enough. David and ? should get a life. Are you so down that you must pull someone else down with you. App is just having a normal reaction to more work put on us then seems necessary. You both probably are the first to line up and complain about LO's or UW's when your attitude makes everyones job harder...

Have a great day.