Return to Website

Georgia Appraisers' Forum

Opinions and Comments from Georgia Appraisers

Georgia Appraisers' Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Need help with six commercial appraisals

I have six commercial appraisals needed asap. I'll try to get the client to pay for them all in advance. If not, they will be paid on completion. Here's the lowdown: My client is an architect who's wife's father recently died. The father has six commercial properties in metro Atl. and the three siblings are squabbling over the value of the properties. Apparently, the executor (one of the male siblings) is being an a-hole about the whole thing and is telling the other two siblings that the properties are not worth very much. So, you can bet that it'll be a contentious situation which may wind up in court. So, I need a very competent CG who will be very confident with his/her value opinions, and who's not afraid to testify in court if the need arises.

I've been a CR for many years (since '94) and have experience doing non-FRT small to medium commercial props.; however, I am swamped at the moment with mini-mansions in Gwinnett & Walton - eleven of them due by next friday. So, even if I was comfortable with my experience and competence w/commercial, I really wouldn't have the time to do anything more than assist on these deals.

I'm asking for an 80/20 split on the fees and I'll earn my 20% by assisting as much as I can. I have all the data sources, and I can help with footwork, plats & surveys, leasing agent interviews, etc.etc.

The proerties are as follows: (keep in mind we'll only be appraising the Real Property - not the businesses).
1. Burger King; Alpharetta Hwy., Roswell, GA
Fee simple ownership, zoned C-3, +/-0.88 acres with 2,673 sq. ft. single story bldg.; monthly inc. = $8,075.28.

2. CVS Pharmacy; N. Main St., Kennesaw, GA
fee simple, zoned general commercial, +/-2.00 acres improved with 10,125 sq. ft. single story bldg.

3. N. Main St., Kennesaw, GA
fee simple ownership, 1.48 acres of vacant land that is zoned small commercial.

4. Farhan Food Mart; Flintriver Rd., Jonesboro, GA
don't know much about this one yet except that it generates $9,000/month revenue.

5. 4277 & 4279 LaVista Rd., Tucker, GA
5,600 sq. ft. on 1.19 acres; don't know much else about it yet... receives $3,515/mo. in revenue. I think this is a small strip w/ 3 or 4 businesses in it.

6. 1/2 surplus property on Baker Rd.????
I assume this is vacant land; I'll get further details tomorrow.

If anyone is interested and the terms are agreeable, pls. email Ashly at gvpinc@bellsouth.net. They're hoping for a two week TAT but I already told him that was unreasonable. He also asked about fees and I said I needed to team-up with someone w/more experience and that he/she would dictate the fees. I'll give you specific addresses & more info. on these props. before you determine appropriate fees to quote the client.

John B. - I hope this post is not inappropriate. I don't recall any previous posts about looking for this kind of help. If it is inappropriate, I apologize in advance.

Re: Need help with six commercial appraisals

Please feel free to call me at
(706) 695-0614 or email us at rockcreek@alltel.net

Two CG's working together in our office
William R Lingerfelt
and
Shawn Tatum

Mr. Tatum saw your post and called me. We have experience in this field and would be happy to help.

Thank you

I'll call you later this afternoon when I get a chance to talk. Thanks for the response.

Carter, if you are interested in completion of this assignment in a minimum amount of time, I would suggest spliting the project among two to three individuals.

Haven't had a chance to call anyone yet. Have to pick up my daughter in 5 mins. so I'll call this evening or early AM. Thanks.