Return to Website

Georgia Appraisers' Forum

Opinions and Comments from Georgia Appraisers

Georgia Appraisers' Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Gross Rent Multipliers - Do any counties post/make estimates

I was wondering if anyone is aware of any of the counties posting estimated GRMs anywhere? After doing a survey of rents for a certain area I started wondering if there would be anything published by a county that I could compare to... just thought this would be both interesting and would aid in building credible results.

Re: Gross Rent Multipliers - Do any counties post/make estimates

Never heard of such, thats what they pay us for. That kind of analysis is not something you find by looking at a county website. That is market analysis and that is why they pay the appraiser. If everything was on line then they could pay someone $7.50 an hour to copy or what we guys with more than 5 years call a form filling monkey.

This information is easy to come by grab a paper, start using your telephone and a 4 funtion cal.
good luck. Most of us guys who have been in business a while keep a rental notebook and when we see one in the field or in the paper we get the info and put it in the notebook for later use.

The only GRM that's worth a toot, is the one you get for yourself.

I'd trust a Gob'ment GRM or Cap Rate as much as I trust their assessments of "Market Value".