Return to Website

Georgia Appraisers' Forum

Opinions and Comments from Georgia Appraisers

Georgia Appraisers' Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Split Foyer vs. Split Level

Can someone please point me in the right direction to determine the difference between a split level and a split foyer? Sorry if this is an easy question but I just got out of class and have not found a mentor yet. Thanks.

Re: Split Foyer vs. Split Level

John,

This would REALLY punch Rusty L. in the Gut!

This is the Documentation he could NEVER find!

This is merely instructions on how to use M&S' calculator accurately. It is not a guideline on GLA classifications.

Mag,
So you say that you use it sometimes and not others?

Wow. I guess if you need to get the value up higher, you use what M/S calls Basement and just call it GLA?

What a deal. I will Never make a lender mad now!

Thanks for your Help!

I think when you use the M&S form you should follow their rules and when you use the fannie mae form you should use their rules and regulations but JAFO and TJ you guys go right ahead and tell everyone that your following the cost approach rules in your sale approach analysis.

We wonder why they are upping the education part of our license.

TJ, your post exhibits your inability to comprehend my posts. Feel free to just skip over everything I post on this forum from now on.

Split foyer--open the front door, step into the foyer and faced with stairs going up and down (foyer is split by the stairs)

split level--open the door, stairs are usually a few feet in the house, either in living room or hall, 3-6 up, a wall, then 3-6 down (could be more stairs). stairs are not located in the foyer

Fresh Fish. That's a different name.

Mr. Anonymous, AKA - Nobody!

TJ Never reads your post due to the Lack of substance.

I'm a newbie and have used Bill's definitions since I started. That chart confused me, lol.

I live in a true raised ranch that isn't a split level or split foyer. To add to Bill's post, the door of a split foyer is usually placed in between the windows of both levels, as shown in the M&S illustration.

Fresh: Here is a basic easy distinction. When you walk into s split level you are on the main floor. When you walk into a split foyer, you step into a foyer with stairs going up to the main level and stairs going down to the lower level. Its a bit confusing at first but it will soon make perfectly good sense. Gook luck.

Split level= 3 squares
Split foyer= 2 rectangles...

you can see my sketching style and a very incaccurate, yet precise, explanation to your wonders.

Split levels - suck and lead to the #2 most popular argument on this formum

Split foyers - suck more and lead to the #1 most popular argument on this forum.

If a post has 100 to 199 replies, it was a split level.

If a post has 200 replies or more, its a split foyer.