Georgia Appraisers' Forum

Opinions and Comments from Georgia Appraisers

Georgia Appraisers' Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Tribute Lofts, 480 John Wesley Dobbs Ave NE

Hi All..

Has anyone done any work at all in the new Tribute Lofts??? Especially, in regards to the two story units that the first floor is on the street level and is designed to be retail or office and then you live above in a one bedroom unit...

Any help will be greatly appreciated...

Thanks Mike P.

Re: Tribute Lofts, 480 John Wesley Dobbs Ave NE

These things have a weird zoning issue from what I have heard,, i had a call about doing one in there and the lender would only do it commercial so I did not get the order.I'm just CR...That is a far as I got

Let me know what is up

Heh JT..

I pulled the data form GSCCCA.Org...
It looks like it is City of Atlanta Zoning, I think it reads I-1..I will call tomorrow and find out..

Right on the plat, it states mixed use units of commercial and residential...I know of no other units in Atlanta, where the bottom floor is for commercial use and then you walk up your stairs to your living area...More than unique...

Thanks Mike

Live-Work zonings can be found throughout the city, especially Castleberry Heights.

Go to Municode, scroll down to Zoning, open and scroll down to Live-Work.

Also google Atlanta Quality of Life Zoning for some interesting reads.

Finally, use Municode unless you like phone tag, automated messages or customer disservice at zoning offices.

I have, some how, found the specific definitions for zoning codes for intown properties that were questionable right on the website. The problem is, I can't remember if it was city of Atlanta or Fulton county.
Whichever it was, the definitions clearly spelled out what can go on in each zoning code.
I hope this is some help to someone.

Are these truly zoned for live-work? IF so, I appraised a few so I have some comps. There are 5-6 in Arizona Lofts and some other developments throughout the city. My e-mail is aevans@prea.biz.

I will have to find the address, but there was one in Fulton with an art gallery in the first floor.

315 Peters Street

3 units at 560 marietta Street (fulton). Arizona Lofts (dekalb) live-work have an LW in the address. 602 Marietta street (fulton) but check to make sure it is live-work and not just zoned for residential.

Mike: We have some work/live space units in Portland, you probably already knows this but only appraise them to other work/live units. I know of some in the Pearl District of Portland I can those comps however, they might be a bit too far out of your immediate neighborhood......(smile)