Return to Website

Georgia Appraisers' Forum

Opinions and Comments from Georgia Appraisers

Georgia Appraisers' Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Unable to take a picture for a review

I was down in the west end today and one of the comps I was reviewing had people hanging around out front in what appeared to be a "community" house at this point. No pics on Mls. As long as disclose why I couldn't take the pic. is there a problem with that?
Thanks,

Re: Unable to take a picture for a review

I love those - I just do the quick driveby pic! I'd rather do that and drive off than not take a pic...

Get out of the car and politely ask them to move so that you could snap a photo of the house. I do it all the time. The only goofy thing they will say is "You wanna take my picture too" or "'Cheese!"

Please let me know when you plan on going back and taking a picture and getting out of your car and asking them to move. I would love to see that one!! App must never do stuff in west end. What a joke!! Take the picture while your car is still moving, don't stop, don't get out.

I just tell them that the cops are comming down the road in about three clicks and they run. I take the photo and move on.

There were a few people sitting on the front porch,I had already been confronted about taking pics in front of the subject property so I decided to cut and run.

I don't live in a world of fear and I'll be d*mned if I let any man put fear in me. I have asked MANY people to move for photos in the West End, Buckhead, Woodstock, whereever and NO ONE has ever said "No"

Now if you are nervous about taking a picture, maybe this is not the right profession for you. Or maybe you need to keep your fanny out of areas that you are afraid of.

"App"
Even I know some advise may not good. I would hope appraisers would heed your advise about as much as if I were to tell them to drive down the street, turn your car off while it is still moving, then turn it on. When it backfires, the people will hit the ground and then it is time to snap the picture. I do it all the time on my motorcycle.

Just go get your photo, never had anyone not move out of the way when asked. Just state doing an appraisal and most people don't want to be in the photo anyway. Good luck!

Fear and common sense are two different things App. You apparently lack the latter.

If you are afraid of doing your job in any area of town, JUST STAY OUT!!!! Very simple.

If there are certain areas of town that don't make you nervous or strike some fear in you, then you are too niave for your own good.

App, I hope you are kidding.
If not you have been watching to many Clint Eastwood movies.
I know several locations where you would limp away with your polaroid in your posterior if you asked them to move.

PUSSY!!!
i had one the other day, there must have been 15 people milling around. i simple walked to someone on the front porch and politely stated that i was an appraiser and needed to take a front picture and measure the outside of the house. i also asked if everyone could move because there could not be people in the picture. they all moved, i measured that house and left.
i don't have a problem in the downtown area. i have a real problem in the suburban areas where there are children playing in the front yard. before i take picture, i knock on the front door and explain why i need the picture so they don't call the police.

I guarantee you didn't do that in Southwest ATL - LOLOLOOLOLOL

Sounds good BK but I hate to be there when you go to the wrong house. All it takes is once! How does the saying go an ounce of caution is better than a hundred percent of cure? I know i butchered that but you get the point.

I cant believe this is even a discussion. You do NOT get out and commit suicide by asking people who are having a good time on their own porch to move so you can take a pic. Ace is right, it only takes once for you to end up catching a UFC beating . There is a very thin line between courage and stupidity.

I bet they won't be there at 8 AM

Like BK- I'm definitely more nervous about snapping pictures around little children than any adult. I won't take a picture of a house where a child is playing. Unlike BK- I wont park my car and get out just anywhere, and that is probably because I had to beat the crap out of someone whom, after I explained what I wasx doing, felt he had enough time to ransack my car as I was doing it. Needless to say- he did not.

There are areas of town that I remain watchful and cautious of ...Any area of town with dirt roads and 'Sons and Daughters of Confederate Veterans'signs posted everywhere. YeeeHAW!!!!

I wouldn't worry too much about taking pics of kids. One of my neighbors takes pics everytime the kids of another neighbor is are in the street playing. The cops have said there is nothing they can do?

Hmmmm. That is interesting....You may want to check the known sex offender list on that guy....