Return to Website

Georgia Appraisers' Forum

Opinions and Comments from Georgia Appraisers

Georgia Appraisers' Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Going Rate for a Review in High Fraud Areas

I was just curious to see what the going rate for a review in a high fraud area is? Or do most people keep it at the fairly standard $225 per review rate. Thanks.

Re: Going Rate for a Review in High Fraud Areas

I charge $400. But in another thread someone named fourth amego charges $200 for a review

If you disagree with the opinion of market value....you are in effect doing another appraisal. View not worth the climb at $200 per copy...dial in the danger of going into some neighborhoods...catchin a stray bullet, rousting homeless people from boarded up properties....walking around in absolute filth. When the people who order these appraisals see the photos, they have to say, "I would not go in there for $200", and laugh at those who do.

$450 or higher it depends on the lenders requirements.

How do you justify different rates for reviews different neighborhoods/zip codes? I didn't think we were allowed to do that; do you just frame it as a complexity issue?

Heath,

I don't think there is any written rule what we can / can't charge. Of course everyone wants it for nothing. Market sets price. And I set my fees based on that and what I feel my time and effort is worth. Only rule I know is we can't link our fee to the value of the property (which many of us do when we publish our rates)

I would classify an area were there is a 50% foreclosure rate as being more complex.

P.S. Yes, it's your neighbor talking

Every review should be conducted with the full expectation a court of law will be it's final intended user. Leave no stone unturned and charge accordingly.