Return to Website

Georgia Appraisers' Forum

Opinions and Comments from Georgia Appraisers

Georgia Appraisers' Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Reviewer appraisers ...

... who I guess figure if they look for any bit of minutia that might be in error or omitted on your appraisal and report it that maybe they will get a new customer by trying to give you a black eye.

Worse, when their review has errors also.

Then to top it off say, "I agree with their opinion of value, but they should have used these comps instead."

What the f...??!!

Re: Reviewer appraisers ...

WTF is minutia, and who actually uses words like that.

I don't think most reviewers are trying to pull clients by slamming the appraisal in review. I know I don't want ANY of the clients who order the work I see everyday. It is shameful people will produce the crap I see and I know it cannot be based solely on ignorance. An appraisal is an opinion but if the data is the same....then the opinions should be similar. WRONG...WRONG.....WRONG....WRONG.........It sucks to tell the truth as it costs you money, clients, respect, and sleep of wondering how long it will be until the next one gets ticked that a house does not meet value. I hope things get so bad there is only 1/4 of the lenders, banks, brokers, agents, title companys, attys., appraisers, and agents left.

I like "minutia".   It means a "small, minor detail".

Reviewers are supposed to report all minutiae (plural) that are erroneous.   He is further supposed to describe the effect on value of the erroneous minutiae.

That's probably why the reviewer believed the appraisal was credible.   The erroneous minutiae were inconsequential erroneous minutiae.

John

Well said JB... I think.

Technical review is not unlike organic chemistry. It breaks the sample down and identifies the elements, good and bad.

Minutia is good. Lots of it may be the element that makes expert appraisers......