Return to Website

Georgia Appraisers' Forum

Opinions and Comments from Georgia Appraisers

Georgia Appraisers' Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Unreal shootings at Virginia Tech

Unbelievable tragedy...32 dead, over 20 wounded.
Nutcase shot entire classrooms full of students.

Re: Unreal shootings at Virginia Tech

The worst in U.S. history.

WHAT??!!!
THis is in the NEWS?

I'm sorry. I see it now. God bless the families.

Been nonstop coverage on CNN & Fox News since 11:00am.
31 victims, plus dead shooter.

Asian man in his early 20's armed with 2 9mm pistols went thru a dorm and then the engineering classroom building, going from classroom to classrooom killing everyone he saw.

Rumors say he was looking for his girlfriend, probably with deadly intent.

They said 21 I thought. 22 if you include the killer's suicide

Nevermind, they just keep finding bodies

Up to 31.

33 now....

The world will never be safe from crazy people. Is it true that he was looking for his gf?

He had no id and in killing himself his face is unrecognizable. ABC News said they don't know who he is.

Who of you out there now believe teachers should to be armed, if they so desire?

"Who of you out there now believe teachers should to be armed, if they so desire?"

Yeah, cause their probably arent any crazy professors out there. College professor's can be very very strange people. A crazy professor could do something like this just as easy as a crazy student.

If they had a gun ban this wouldn't have happened. Vote Hillary 2008!!!

Very funny. Hillary. You should run, be scared, and hide in a hole, the world might get ya.
Stuff like this has always been happening. The media just wants to scare the public. Remember that guy at Texas in the clock tower? It is very tragic, but it’s not the guns fault. It’s the crazy person with it.

Very sad and tragic situation; and what's gonna really suck is the media's gonna shove this story down our throats until something else happens

Ashly, this could be a reason to not have gun control. You could say if students were allowed to carry, this guy wouldnt have made it past the RA.

Remember, gun control only stops the people who FOLLOW the law to stop carrying. There are tons of ways to carry guns while breaking the law, so why not make sure everyone has a fair advantage.

Ashley

Do you really think gun control would keep guns out of the hands of thugs and crack heads?

If they come through my window at night I would prefer to have an equalizer rather than fear for my life in my own home.

Clean up the streets then take our guns.

From some media source with whom many are familiar:

Now here's something that I have yet to see reported in the mainstream media. Earlier this year the Virginia General Assembly failed to act on House Bill 1572. The citizens of Virginia are permitted to carry concealed weapons if they get a proper permit from the state government --- unless you are on a college campus. This bill would have allowed college students and employees to carry handguns on campus --- with appropriate permits, of course. It died in subcommittee. After the bill was thrown out up steps Larry Hincker, a spokesman for Virginia Tech, the site of today's carnage, who says "I'm sure the university community is appreciative of the General Assembly's actions because this will help parents, students, faculty and visitors feel safe on our campus."

We should do what Comedian Chris Rock says : Charge more for the bullets. If a bulets cost $1000 each, people won't waste them.

Star 94 had an interview with a Columbine survivor. SHe said grief counselors couold not help those that actually saw the violence. Even 5 years later she is unable to sit in a classroom

Gun control won't help. People like this have mental problems and will use anything to kill

She better get over it and that happened 6 or 7 years ago. There comes a time when you have to suck it up and get moving with your life. She should go to an inner city school where there are more metal detectors and security than there are students. At least she'll be safe.

"We should do what Comedian Chris Rock says : Charge more for the bullets. If a bulets cost $1000 each, people won't waste them.

Hey, that would discriminate against poor people, only the rich could afford to shoot somebody!

LOL @ Jack. There will still be bullets sold on the black market, lol. Maybe we should all invest in vests. I went to Jersey once and never left the house without it.

Devil,
Just put yourself in the shoes of those people that were there, that could not defend themselves, they didn't have any kind of weapon to fight back. The sicho that did this is mental and needs to be helped. You know you never know who is on here and you know I personally know someone that goes to a campus off of Virginia Tech and it took until this afternoon to even get ahold of him to make sure he was ok! You know unless you put yourself in there shoes you shouldn't say anything!

Devil's Advocate=Dumb Ass

Danielle,

You are not going through it either. Also, I never said anything bad about the people at Virginia Tech. Please feel free to point out a quote.

Bill,

You constantly seem to want to personally attack me. Do I know your wife or something?

How old are you DJ? 12?

Danielle, last I checked I was talking about gun control. I never disrespected anyone who was involved in this situation. I said COLUMBINE was 6-7 years ago and people have moved on. That girl should have as well.

Mary, explaing. (23)

Devil,

First of all it doesn't matter if you know my wife or not. First of all I'm a woman not a boy like you so stop acting like a child (immature) and start acting mature ike smeone you should be for owning your own business. Like I said "Put yourself in those young adults shoes and theire families shoes."

Danielle, you are not making sense or not reading correctly.

1. When did I say anything disrespectful towards the people of Virginia Tech?

2. When did I say anything about your wife? I thought you were a woman and I was talking to Bill for calling me a "dumbass"

I was just having a conversation about gun control with Jack and, I cant remember who the other person was that said something about the girl who couldnt sit in a classroom.

If there was one immature comment on this board, it was that of the person who "called a name" like we were in 5th grade

DJ, you sound just like your age, an immature boy, yes most 23 year old males, are still very immature, you show no empathy. That girl from Columbine, who is around your age, isn't the only one that cannot sit in a classroom. People may physically survive violent acts, but many have emotional scars. Look at soliders, victims of war, victims of rape. You sound like you would be a whiner if something happened to you.

Shesh... ENOUGH ALREADY!!!

I am immature but YOU are the one personally attacking.

1. I never used the word "survived", I only said "moved on". There is a difference.

2. I never said I have no empathy.

3. You still have yet to tell me what I have said to set you off and until you do, you have no base.

Ok Leggett, I'm zipped.

I'm sorry Devil, I hadn't read your last reply to me the last one I wrote.
I was just simply saying that these people that go through stuff like this are victims. I know personally several people that have carrying licenses and I don't see anything wrong with that. It's the people that go postal that we need to worry about. The people that have there license to actually carry have to got through alot to get it. Including going through the GBI and FBI to be screened. anyone that knows anything that has to do with one would know that.
I don't believe in that selling on the black market but that is how alot of people get there's. Everyone that I know that has bought a gun including myself has to have their background checked before they can even exchange money and walk with it.
It is not bad to have a wepon of your choice for those just incase senarios, some people shoot for fun. Like going to a Bullseye or a gun range or even if you want through rifles into the picture what about sceete. I've done that; There is absolutely nothing wrong with owning as long as you follow the rules.