Return to Website

Georgia Appraisers' Forum

Opinions and Comments from Georgia Appraisers

Georgia Appraisers' Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Active Adult Community 55+

I have an active adult community 55+ condominium (patio homes) that is the only one within the entire county. What would an appropriate "outside" comparable be? A patio condominium within the county that is not active adult? Or a patio condominium in the next county many miles away that is active adult? Or maybe utilize both and talk about it? Any opinions?

Re: Active Adult Community 55+

55+ neighborhoods have unique deed restrictions and a "club atmosphere". I wouldn't compare it to a regular patio home in regular S/D. I'd say find similar neighborhoods, even if in an adjoining county.
It's all part of the fun for being the first one...

Knock the dust off dat 4 sale sign, I'm coming In.

Dan, there's a brand new lakefront 55+ in Gainesville. They even built a great big fence and a waterfall to keep children out.

Is it the one near jodeco Road in henry county. What is the name of the development. I may know an appraiser who appraised some in the one near Jodeco road.

The Haven At Slater Mill / Douglasville / 2 bed + 2 bath 1627s.f. for 220-270.

Isn't it amazing that 55+ can get away with this, but you cannot have singles-only apartment complexes anymore. Even having a family section and singles section is discriminatory

No one wants to see 55+ around the community pool.