Return to Website

Georgia Appraisers' Forum

Opinions and Comments from Georgia Appraisers

Georgia Appraisers' Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Vista and Wintotal

Does it suck? I need a new computer and Dell only has vista now.

Re: Vista and Wintotal

MAG, here's 10 Dells with XP... and on SALE too!
http://www.dell.com/content/products/results.aspx/notebooks?~ck=anav&c=us&l=en&s=bsd&cs=04&a=26748~0~249730&navla=26748~0~249730

Thanks, Mel - I'm looking for a desktop, though. Also, when I pulled those up it said they had vista... maybe I'm looking in the wrong place?

where's John S.?

oh, wait - i get it. sorry!

On the dell website, if you select for small or medium size business, you can still select xp. All of the ones under home and home office are vista now.

Anyone familiar with AMD's performance?

AMD runs a bit hotter than Intel, so in a lap top I only buy Intel.
But in a desk top, AMD is great and cost less for more speed. BTW, up grade the hardrive to 7500 RPM for an extra $120... you will not be sorry!

MAG,

Sorry I missed your call.

There are some "issues" with alamode and Vista. I would no do it yet.

I for one don't like vista. For that matter I am not a Dell fan either.

I have Sony, HP and Dell systems and dislike the Dell the most. My new system is an HP and I love everything about it including the support.

is there no way to have vista operate in an "xp mode" similar to the "dos mode"?

Wow John, I've had the exact opposite experience with HP and Dell. HP screwed me over, and Dell stepped up to the plate to hit a home run. I will only buy Dell and Toshiba now.

I'm with you, Mel. Dell has treated me wonderfully with all 7 computers I've bought from them. Not the same experience with others, and Dell is still the better price.