Return to Website

Georgia Appraisers' Forum

Opinions and Comments from Georgia Appraisers

Georgia Appraisers' Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
FHA-No VC sheets, appraised 'AS IS' or 'SUBjECT TO..."????

Since the VC sheets are no longer required, is an FHA appraisal appraised AS IS or is it still SUBJECT TO REPAIRS? I am a bit confused. I would appreciate any help on this question.

Re: FHA-No VC sheets, appraised 'AS IS' or 'SUBjECT TO..."????

AS IS

RUSTY

Do the FHA appraisal exactly like any other appraisal except you are required to look in the crawl space and attic.

If no repairs are needed, it is done "as is".

The instructions including Mortgagee Letters 2005-34 and 2005-48 are at:

http://www.georgiaappraiser.com/pdf/41502xd.pdf

John

How do this affect the FHA approval for new appraisers? is there still a long test?

There is still an FHA test that will resume February 6, 2006. I have the questions. When I get them ready, I will publish them. (About February 8, 2006)

John

I talked to HUD yesterday. The test will resume on February 6. They are going to use the same questions that they have used since 1999 except that the questions regarding VC Sheets have been omitted.

I will have my question list edited and up by my February 10 FHA class. As usual, it will be a freebie.

John

It looks like HUD has merely eliminated the questions regarding the VC Form and Homebuyer's Summary from the quiz and kept the old questions. There are only 164 questions left out of the original 200.

I have posted the so-called new questions from HUD at:

http://www.georgiaappraiser.com/pdf/appraisal_200question.pdf

Question 146 should not have been included. This was probably a mistake on HUD's part.

John

Word to the Wise,

This just happened to me. If you go to take the new test, be sure to send your application to HUD return, receipt, request. The first application I sent in was never recieved. Rumor was that the secretary opening the mail was throwing out mail because of a too heavy work load. When I sent it the second time, it sailed right through.

When you take the test at Prometrics, they will offer to issue three certified copies. Take all of them so that you have a back up copies. I am glad that I did.

Remlap