Return to Website

Black Sisters & Brothers United Network

A Place For You - Of You - By You

Black Sisters & Brothers United Network
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
WHY DO WE LIMIT OUR SELVES?

WHEN I GOT IN THE BEAUTY INDUSTRY I JUST WANTED TO DO HAIR IT DIDN'T MATTER IF THE CLIENT WAS GREEN OR PURPLE! I THINK THAT AFRICAN AMERICAN STYLIST NEED TO STOP LIMIITING THEMSELVES AND GO FOR IT! WHO SAYS WE HAVE TO JUST SPECIALIZE IN "BLACK" HAIR? I LOVE WHAT I DO AND IF WHITE SALONS WANT TO CAPITALIZE OFF OF BLACK BUSINESS I'M NOT MAD AT THEM BECAUSE I INTEND TO CAPITALIZE OFF OF BEING A MULTICULTURAL SALON. WE CAN DO IT ALL FROM RUNWAY TO MOVIES IF YOU DON'T EXPOSE YOURSELF HOW CAN YOU GROW IN THIS INDUSTRY?

Re: WHY DO WE LIMIT OUR SELVES?

I believe African Americans (AA) limit themselves because they have the mindset to do just one (1) particular or specialized thing (vocation, occupation or whatever). Sure, we go to a learning institution to get knowledge on how to do some thing or how to tell someone else how to some thing or inform them what is the best way for them to live but refuses to enlighten our horizon about economic empowerment. Economic empowerment is essential for African Americans to grow strong in numbers in this here USA. We are always talking the talk but negate to walk the walk. We deprive ourselves in entrepreneurship in many capacities because we are too tired or lazy to do anything else. I'm a self-employed Virtual Assistance of Vy's Virtual Desk and a Sacha Beauty Consultant Executive. I find it very difficult to attract African American clients. They are critics and prefer others to do what I've done and love to do as a professional for over 25 years...Administrative Support Assistance.

What I'm saying is that we as a people need to come together as other cultures and be a culture of people that have genuine love and acceptance for who we are and what we can do for each other [no matter what].

I beckon you to contact me for any administrative assistance you may have a need for or have a desire to increase your net profit through your customers.

It would certainly be a pleasure to hear from you either through email or Instant message (vyd7588@hotmail.com) soon.

Be Bless and Prosperous,

Vyriece Daniel, VA
Vy's Virtual Desk