Black Sisters & Brothers United Network

A Place For You - Of You - By You

Black Sisters & Brothers United Network
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: we need to get the word out

Thas sooooooooooooo tru the KKK ownin Timberland is a big lie.KKK is part of the Timberland Company not Timberland Fasion.there was a mix-up

Re: we need to get the word out

After reading Llaritza's reply to my message, I sent her an email apologize and explain why I believed what I believed about Timberland. I'll spare everyone else all the explaining and get to the apology and the truth about the situation with Timberland-I'M SOOOO SORRY.

Although I did have reason to believe that it was true, IT IS NOT. Llaritza was right. Maya Angelou DID NOT write the poem entitled "Clothes". For some reason someone else wrote it and put Maya Angelou's name on it. And that's not the only one either. There is another poem going around with Maya Angeou's name on it entitled "I Am A Christian". She didn't write that one either.

Anyway, I did some investigating after reading Llaritza's reply and found out that a man named Jeffrey Swartz is the owner of Timberland. His grandfather Nathan Swartz, who worked for a shoe making company in Boston, Massachusetts, started the company in 1955 (it wasn't called "Timberland" until the late 70s). Nathan Swartz passed the company down to his son Sidney Swartz and he passed it on to Jeffrey. It seems to me that Timberland is actually a very good company because they give 40 hours -with pay- to all employees each year just for community service. They are also a big sponsor of City Year. For all of you that don't know about City Year, it basically is a program that youth in there late teens and early twenties can join to commit to full time community service. It brings young people from all races and backgrounds together to make a difference in their neighborhoods. I don't know about anywhere else but in Boston you always see City Year kids everywhere. So I'm sorry that I was spreading false rumors. I would NEVER do anything like that intentionally.

-JazzyGirl