Return to Website

Black Sisters & Brothers United Network

A Place For You - Of You - By You

Black Sisters & Brothers United Network
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
white woman works to look black

I beg to differ with the opinion that white women do not actively work at acieving the qualities of black women.

I tan on a regular basis, my white skin is not nearly as attractive without it. My naturally curly hair is most often scrunched into a kinky do.

Perhaps I am out of the ordinary; as a matter of fact
I am engaged to a black man.

I would like ot say that I am proud to be a white woman. I am proud of other characteristics, but the color of my skin is not one of them.

Just thought I'd say...

Re: white woman works to look black

I absolutely agree with you!
I'm a white woman. My skin is white and no, I do not tan! I like my skin the color it is, and if gets dark in the summer so be it! And, yes, my hair is naturally curly too.
I'm with a black man, because I love him for who he is. My ancestors did not come from North America and we have never owned slaves. We are sorry it happened to you! But guess what? We cannot change the course of the history! We can only stand TOGETHER to fight racism in its every way, shape or form.
My black man does not love me because I'm white! He loves me for the strong person I am. I'm not submissive, docile or any of those things. I have a college education, a job and I do not need a man to take care of me, be it a Black Man or a White Man. I'm not with him for his money nor he is with me for the color I am.
Why all the hatred?