In Memory of Peter B. Ober

Please use this message forum to share your thoughts, memories, and stories about Pete.

In Memory of Peter B. Ober
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
16 Jul

Pete,
You are in the thoughts of so many of us today. What happened five years ago tragically changed so many lives. Though you are not with us physically, your presence is felt. Two nights ago, by chance, I met a member of the rescue team that was first at the crash site. Can that be a coincidence? I bet you already knew.
Godspeed.

Re: 16 Jul

In some ways five years is a very long time and in other ways, it seems like only yesterday. It was one of those events that sticks in your mind indelibly as do other momentous occasions of tragedy--the Kennedy assasination, 911, etc. As I drove home last night, I looked for a helicopter flying over the James River as so often is the case--an almost daily reminder of Pete. I did not see one before I went into the tunnel or even after I came out of the tunnel, but just before I reached the southern bank of the river, there came my helicopter...and Pete was with me for a few special moments. I hope that Pete's family can find some little bit of solace in knowing that he will never be forgotten by the friends and family who loved him so much!