In Memory of Peter B. Ober

Please use this message forum to share your thoughts, memories, and stories about Pete.

In Memory of Peter B. Ober
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
A memorial concert for Peter...

Hello,
My name is Kristy Kruger, songwriter out of Texas, and I met Peter's sister Marianne at one of my shows in Santa Fe. I lost my brother, Lt. Col. Eric Kruger in Iraq this past November, and am now performing a memorial concert in remembrance of him in all 50 states. Marianne told me about Peter at my show.

I wanted to stop by and tell you how deeply sorry I am for your loss. Losing my brother in Iraq, I can truly understand. I have learned that even though my brother is no longer here in the physical form, he exists in the faces and spirits of all the people that knew him. I am sure you feel the same about Peter. I want to thank your family for your sacrifice, and I want to thank Peter for his service to our country. Please accept my deepest condolences.

I have found performing in Eric's memory to be a very healing process, particularly when I perform in our hometown of Dallas and it is an excuse for us to all get together and remember him. I'd like to offer a memorial concert in Peter's memory if you would like and we could donate proceeds to the charity of your family's choice.

I like to offer these concerts on dates of birth or death dates, dates that are particularly difficult for your family, if that can be coordinated. Please let me know if you are interested. It would be my honor to do this in your hometown or whatever city you feel where Peter is best remembered.

If you'd like to visit my web site and read more about what I'm doing...you can do so at www.kristykruger.com

I know that Peter's death day, July 16th is coming up. Please know that I'll be thinking of him and your family on that day.

Kindest Regards,
Kristy

Re: A memorial concert for Peter...

Kristy,

How thoughtful of you to make such an offer. What you are doing in your brother's honor is remarkable and I imagine that it is helping you to cope as well as anything could.

I feel so much for you and your family in the loss of your brother and I appreciate his sacrifice. The entire first year after Pete's death, I had to acknowlege each day upon awakening that it was indeed true... STILL true. I believe as you do, however, that Pete and your brother do live on in the lives of everyone who was touched by their spirit. We are busy at this time getting ready for travel that will bring us a together. At the four-year mark (July 16, 5 PM, EDT) we will try to be doing something Pete would have loved to be doing with us. A picnic at the top of a waterfall in the Blue Ridge Mountains might be nice. We'll see.

I am impressed by what I have seen and heard in your website. Marianne will be bringing a couple of your albums for us to hear. We'll make your music a part of our time together.

I wear two small black bands on my wrist. One is to remember Pete. The other is to remember that others, also, are giving their lives for our country. Now I know your brother is part of that remembrance.

Please accept my condolences for his sacrifice. I will get in touch with you later