In Memory of Peter B. Ober

Please use this message forum to share your thoughts, memories, and stories about Pete.

In Memory of Peter B. Ober
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Remembering Pete today

We just moved back to America and were thinking of all the wonderful friends we left behind in Sicily. Today I looked at the calander and felt a twinge in the pit of my stomach, and asked my husband,"Do you know what today is?" Chris paused, then whispered, "Of course I do."

We knew Pete for only a short while before this day, but became very good friends. Chris had the honor of throwing him into Madeline's pool for his "Wetting Down". (It only took four grown men to do it. And Pete fought the whole way!)That was the best!

Pete will always be remembered, but not just today. Some of our fondest memories from Sicily included Pete, and it was an honor to have him as a friend. I don't know if he's riding or flying up there, but we are thinking of him.

Re: Remembering Pete today

I am thinking of Pete today as well. I will always remember him for being so kind. That was all I could say on the phone when my sister in Jax called and told me the news two years ago. "But he was so kind". He was friendly to a boy in our class who was ostracized by the others. Pete would sit by this kid, talk, laugh, and joke around. It never once jeopardized his "coolness" in junior high. I hope my boys grow up to be like Pete. Pete, I miss you everyday. I think of you often, and I have received and enjoyed all of the little reminders of you that you leave. Today is dark and heavy and mournful and sad. You are still loved, still thought of, and still missed.