In Memory of Peter B. Ober

Please use this message forum to share your thoughts, memories, and stories about Pete.

In Memory of Peter B. Ober
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Forever young

Pete,

At 1:04 pm I will light a candle in memory of the moment you emerged into this world twenty-nine years ago. The day you died you were twenty-seven years and 142 days old... just 22 days shy of how old I was when I had you. I marvel to think how accomplished I would be if in my lifetime I had pursued life with even half the passion that you pursued yours. You never wanted to waste a day or an hour or an opportunity and you seldom did.

Happy birthday, Pete. You are still loved!

Your mom

a night full of moonshine

i love you big bwudda. thinking of you today... though i could say that anyday and everyday. you were in my dream last night. we were laughing and carrying on. all the times you've visited my dreaming conscious, we've either been joking around or on some insane exhiliarating adventure. often it is you and your boys and me. you still always make your little 'tag along sister' feel as you made everyone feel: respected, included, special, capable, inspired, playful, and truly your friend. you are so missed. you are so loved. your image conjured in my mind and heart continues to encourage me...just one more pull-up...run a little faster...make play out of whatever i'm doing (i could not have changed my truck tire without you)...a bite of chocolate cake please...not the escalater,the stairs...say howdy and how are you to the strangers i pass and really mean it...grin a big goofy grin uncontained. i will always look up to you. i pray our world's political, social, economic, and spiritual leaders can be inspired by qualities we see in the likes of you: integrity, passionate purpose, and understanding of what is right. having known you gives me hope and sets some expectations of myself and others. i honor this day marking your birth. thank you mom and dad. the simultaneous sunset and full moon rise beyond crisp mountain lined horizon yestereve was spectacular here in seattle. an orange i hadn't before dwelled upon now infuses me with warmth.

big love to you all. erin augusta ober