Bexar Genealogy Message Forum

Please feel free to join the message forum discussions.

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Guardiola

Pedro Lucio and his son were in Bastrop in 1920. So she must be in the area. your father's baptismal should have the church on it and she may be buried in that church cemetery. The Catholic Church has records for that area in Austin but you have to make an appointment to see them. It might be listed as a death in Austin American Statesman It is not on line. But I would check with the church , they might have records of her Mass. Rushelle

Re: Guardiola

Yes, my father's baptismal record has the name of the church. Same church where he and my mother were married and where the children were baptized,etc. It shows he was baptized in May, 1913, so she was still alive in May. I have contacted the Catholic Archives of Texas and that is how I obtained his baptismal record and my parent's marriage certificate. Catholic Archives of Texas has searched other records and nothing comes up for Modesta Guardiola Lucio. I've also gone to the History Center here in Austin and searched newspaper obts from 1913-1918 and again nothing comes up. I don't know if CAT explored Bastrop but I can make some phone calls. I am aware they lived in Bastrop as I have copies of the census. If you have any info on the earlier info you mentioned, please let me know where I can go to look that up.
Thanks!