"USAF ROTORHEADS MESSAGE BOARD"

PLEASE MAKE USE OF THIS MESSAGE BOARD BY POSTING AIR FORCE HELICOPTER RELATED QUESTIONS, POSTING APPROPRIATELY RELATED INFORMATION, LOCATING YOUR AIR FORCE FAMILY OF HELICOPTER FRIENDS YOU MAY HAVE LOST CONTACT WITH OVER THE YEARS OR OTHER USE AS DEEMED APPROPRIATE.

"USAF ROTORHEADS MESSAGE BOARD"
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Helicopter Pilot Capt D.L. Wiest

A Capt D.L Wiest rescued my father Capt Robert Sweetwood on Jan 23, 1967.I'm looking for any info on Capt Wiest.

Thanks,

Mark Sweetwood

Re: Helicopter Pilot Capt D.L. Wiest

Hi Mark, I don't have anything on the status of Capt. David L. Wiest or his co-pilot 1st Lt. Wendell B. Wood or one of the other crew-members, SSgt. Henry B. Peterson who rescued your Dad on 23 January 1967. Sadly the fourth member of the crew, Pararescueman A2C Steve M. Northern passed away on in an on the job accident, after he had left the USAF, on 25 May 1970. Sorry I was not any help with your question, but I will try to remember you inquiry and if I should ever get any contact information on the HH-43F crew members I'll let you know. It was the "Skyraider" pilot who flew right down on the tree tops to protect us helicopter crews who were doing our best to save downed aircrew members. The A-1 Skyraider pilots are my personal hero's and I know they have saved the lives of me and my fellow helicopter crew members many times. Please Thank your Dad from me, who I believe was a A-1H pilot, for his service to our country...

Jim
USAF RotorHeads webmaster