Golden Retrievers in Cyberspace / Goldentown Forum

Welcome! We hope this forum will turn into a wonderful place to exchange information about our favorite companions - golden retrievers! If at any time you have questions regarding this forum please drop me an email at bward5@mac.com I will respond as quickly as I can. Enjoy!!! Bill

Golden Retrievers in Cyberspace / Goldentown Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Yon wolf from today

Rick, lying down that does look like a wolf, but it almost appears too delicate in the shot where it's standing and walking. Years ago, Cody and I were stalked by a pair of coyotes on the other side of the creek, but if I wasn't as familiar with coyotes as I am, I would've sworn they were wolves. Much more full coated than a normal coyote, and a slightly different set to their heads. They didn't retreat from rocks thrown or voices raised, so a tree limb finally did the trick. I would not be happy being alone on an unused trail with a wolf lounging around Then again, apparently it's not all that safe at the San Francisco zoo, either

Re: Re: Yon wolf from today

Hahaha . . . . the second picture is actually Keeper and, in the distance, Abby walking so you're right, too darned delicate to be a wolf. The wolf is still about a half hour walk down the lake in that picture.

For the interest of the thread, here's a picture of Canus Latrans, the common coyote, I took last Spring.

A coyote, generally, is about the size of Abby and Keeper. I know that because they've been, unfortunately, right beside each other before, through our fence.

Rick C
www.goldentales.ca

Re: Coyote's

I've simply become afraid of bringing Faith anywhere I know there could be coyotes after reading the varying replies from my post a few weeks ago.

Maybe I'm just a paranoid Mom - people are telling me that coyotes will only attack smaller dogs and that a dog Faith's size would be safe....still, I'd be too nervous bringing her to the wooded area where I've been told there are coyotes.

Sign me - better safe than sorry.

Sandra & Faith

Re: Re: Coyote's

Same here Sandra. I rather not take the risk period.

Vicki